Friday, January 15, 2010

$1000 gift paying it forward again and again--- Celebrating the abundant nature of the universe!

Last year, I received a satchel full of money on the front steps at my home. When that money arrived, I actually was out of town but my son called me and said “There was a lot of money left at the front door with a note.”  When, I returned home I was touched by the note, which read, "Thank you for all you do for the world." I immediately placed all of this money into my sacred fun, which is used for those in need or service projects. I continue to replenish this fund with gifts from my sacred work-- when it brings gifts of monetary value the money immediately goes into a fund. This has enabled me to grow the initial gift from the universe of $1000, since then, I have attracted and given back at least two to three times this. The abundance just keeps going out to the world and keeps coming back to me. Which, I keep the abundance flowing and continue to pay-it-forward again and again. The actual amount is irrelevant to me---it is more important for me to keep the cycle going.  
 
Initially, I quickly distributed some of the funds to a local charity, passing it on to kids selling candy, I put $200 dollars under a sleeping homeless person's head, I bought a friend a necklace that she could not afford and gifted it to her anonymously, paid for a group of ten do-gooders dinner, paid for a friends plan ticket to Los Angeles and gifted for some friends to enjoy some activities while we were on vacation. Then, a few weeks ago, my friend's boyfriend had an invitation to have dinner with an accomplished photographer and new he would need at least 100 dollars to dine with him. He did not want to spend the money but I knew it was important for him to go out with this photographer to connect and receive information and ideas from him. So, I gifted him the money asking him to pay-it-forward. The lesson for him was really about learning to receive because he did not want a hand out. After giving to him, I decided to pay attention and acknowledge what was sent back to me. I really wanted to recognize the abundance as it appeared in all shapes and sizes. 
 
The next day, I was heading to Italy and upon my arrival, I had to jump on a train to Rome, I had this yoga bag filled with 3 mats and my flute, a hand carved Native American flute, I use it to bring people out of meditation. It has a very special place in my heart and was made with a lot of love. I had secured it to my luggage and left it parked by other bags on the train. Now, everyone has warned me of the thieves on the trains but I really do not like to feed into that negative energy. I always trust that which I am supposed to have with me will stay with me. After a wonderful talk with a young girl from China, we arrived in Rome, as I was leaving I noticed my bag had been moved and the yoga bag was no longer attached to the bag. My friends were relying on those mats for the next week during our yoga retreat. I knew I could do without and I realized that the universe had given me my wish, I had wished my  load was going to be lighter while I traveled through Italy. I was actually already feeling too weighted down by that extra bag. I also knew that my flute which had to be the draw not three used yoga mats would soon find it self in someone's hands who would make beautiful melodies with it. As for person that took the bag must have needed some money and hopefully they would make the money they needed by selling my stuff or better yet start practicing yoga. Right there I noticed I had received the first gift of a lighter load which would help me shortly after departing the train. 


As soon as I exited the hustling terminal, I was greeted by a bright eyed cab driver. The cab driver told me that I would not be able to walk to the hostel where I was going to meet my friend. Acknowledging that the streets filled with Italian chaos, I decided to trust and jumped into the taxi. I was very grateful as I quickly remembered how busy the streets of Rome are. Second gift--received a ride from a kind Italian man, he saved me a lot of potential frustration. Next, upon arrival to the hostel, Krista informed me that we were being moved across town back where I had come from to another hostel.  I was really thankful I had one less thing to carry since we had to climb many flights of stairs. At the second hostel, they told us they were full. We were waiting with another gentleman who was experiencing the same situation as we were. He was given the last room but we decided to wait in hopes that something would turn up. After waiting for about 15 minutes the gentleman said, "We are going to move you across the street. I will help you with your bag." Third and fourth gift, a room across the street and a man willing to lug my big bag for me.  I was feeling very abundant and we were graciously put into a room with three other people. We quickly deposited our goods and headed out for dinner. Krista and I found this amazing Italian café and indulged in our first Italian meal together in Rome with a charming waiter at our service. He was so sweet to drive Krista and I back to our hostel that night. Fifth gift, free cab ride!
 
Finally, I must acknowledge the gifts kept coming during my entire trip in Italy, down to the universe creating enough space and time for me to leave my hotel in Rome at 8.20 am to make a flight at 9.40 am at an airport that is a 40-50 minute drive outside the city. I even had to check my heavy bag and go through customs. They also should have charged me for my heavy bag but since I was late she said there was no time for me to pay. Sixth and Seventh gift---made my flight and saved 50 Euro. All of these gifts do not have a specific value but if I put a value on any of them they would far exceed the 100 dollars I had given away. These gifts did not appear in an obvious manner; however, I recognized them every step of the way. When I returned from Italy, I received more money which has been added to my secret fund and I am ready to continue paying it forward. The saga continues as free economy continues to flourish in my little abode near the shore of Long Beach.

May you all continue to recognize how abundant the universe is and continue to PAY IT FORWARD!

Written by Suzanne Schafer

No comments:

Post a Comment